Sunday, January 20, 2013

1938 Lunch Box Tin - Dairy Premium

A wonderful example of vintage Snow White memorabilia, this three-piece lunch box set features lithographed images of the characters on the lid and side panels. A copyright imprint "© 1938 Walt Disney Enterprises" is also included. Tin measures approximately 7" x 5" and is 4" tall.




According to Cecil Munsey's 1974 Disneyana book (p.98), this tin container was part of the 1938 dairy promotional campaign which included the matching tin serving tray and the collectible premium glasses.





A sandwich tray also came with the set but is rarely found in today's online sales of this item.





2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that's the one that I have somewhere! I haven't seen it in years, where the heck could it be? I think I'm missing that inner tray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice find Major! Sounds like you have quite a few treasures in storage. I'm sure it will turn up someday.

      Delete